April 1, 2008 - Springtime in Minnesota


No, this isn't an April Fools joke. This is what we woke up to this morning. At least its pretty.

We are settling in around here pretty well. I am amazed at just how well Lera is adjusting. It seems like she has been part of our family forever. I have discovered that she is silly, opiniated and a bit bossy. It is funny to hear her bossing Caelia around. It's even funnier to hear Caelia answering her. They seem to understand each other so well!

We took Valeria to the doctor to have her check up. She is pretty healthy. Not a sign of a heart murmur. We also gave him the list of ailments that came with her - according to Ukraine medical: Dawn Disease, delay of psycho-motor development, valgus foot deformation, scoliosis, obesity I degree, long sight, small heart development anomaly, anomaly chord, hemorrhagic vasculitis, stage of clinic-laboratory remission, disabled child. Is it any wonder that no one in Ukraine would consider her for adoption? I think Dawn Disease is Down Syndrome. The only one of these things that is a little confusing is hemorrhagic vasculitis. I'm really not sure what that is and our doctor didn't really know what it was either. We had a few guesses but Lera is really healthy - outside of exzema and a diaper rash.

3 comments:

amyl4 said...

Well, I can definitely relate to the snow. Our spring break started one day early because we got a Snow Day last Friday!! Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are adorable and I just love all the smiles!
Amy

WheresMyAngels said...

Dawn Disease, waking up before dawn!! ha ha That is what I would make out of it!! Can I say "AMEN! YOUR BLOGGING AGAIN" I have been missing the cute pics of your girls! You know, you are going to be asked if they are twins the rest of your lives!! lol My two don't even look alike, are no where near the same height and I still get asked if they are twins.

Wendy said...

I don't know I think I might have Dawn Disease.... I am crabby right after Dawn and I think it comes WAY TOO EARLY!!

Wendy
www.saundersgang.blogspot.com